Welcome! Today we have Joelle Briggs, the operation manager at Century 21 Lanthorn, talking about 5 tasks your Realtor does that you may not know.
1. Great Realtors know their inventory. That means they scout out properties beforehand, and before taking you on showings to make sure that the appropriate properties are shown to you. This also means that when other REALTORS host agent open houses, your realtor will attend to ensure that they have a great idea if that home would be appropriate for you.
2. Not all properties are on MLS. That means that your Realtor networks with other Realtors in the local community in which you are searching to make sure that they are aware of any upcoming listings that may not be going on the MLS system.
3. Your Realtor will have great ambition to find that property that suits your ideal criteria! Are there no properties on the market that you’re interested in? A great Realtor will find out your criteria and try to find that house. It may not be listed, but they may approach people to find out if they’re willing and ready to sell
4. Your Realtor takes care of all the paperwork. They draft the offer and make sure that everything is ready to go for closing. This also means making sure that everything is sent off to your lawyers office.
5. A local Realtor knows the zoning bylaws and any planning use issues that may affect the land that you’re intending to purchase. This means that your Realtor will be able to aid you with questions and/or concerns with properties you are looking at.